Apple Pie with Cheese, Please
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 348
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch pie )
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Line the bottom of the pie crust with Cheddar cheese slices. Place apples into the crust in a circular fashion, layering slices on top of one another. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and mix well to combine, removing any lumps. Add white sugar, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a slight simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour butter mixture over apples to cover all slices. Top with additional pie crust; seal edges. Pierce the top with a fork to allow steam to release. Mix egg white and 1 teaspoon water together in a small bowl; baste over pie crust using a basting brush.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Continue to bake until golden and set, about 35 minutes more.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use any variety or a mixture of different apples in this recipe.
Per Serving: 348 calories; 20.9 36 5.7 35 296 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I didn't make changes to the recipe, and I can confirm the apple pie is great. Just forget the cheese. After refrigeration the cheese is hard and dry Even reheating didn't improve it. The poure...