Homemade Gnocchi with Tomato-Pesto Cream Sauce
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"If you're looking for a homemade gnocchi, this is it! The gnocchi are tender, and the sauce is delicious! It's definitely NOT a low-fat recipe, but you can always adjust to your liking. I usually top this off with some grilled chicken or shrimp, but you might decided to make a separate meat entree. For best flavoring, use all of the ingredients mentioned."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 619
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove and discard peels, place potatoes in a bowl, and mash until smooth. Mix in 1 tablespoon butter, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, garlic salt, seasoning blend, and pepper until combined. Add egg and mix until incorporated. Pour in flour and mix until well combined and dough forms a ball. Separate dough into 4 sections.
- Set a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- While water is coming to a boil, form gnocchi: Place 1 section of dough on a lightly floured surface; cover remaining 3 sections of dough with plastic wrap so they do not dry out. Roll dough into a ball and then roll it out into a rope. Cut the rope into 1/2-inch increments and roll each piece into a small ball. Roll each ball in flour to coat, press with the back of a fork to shape; and place on a plate. Repeat with remaining 3 sections of dough.
- Throw the first batch of gnocchi into the boiling water. Cook until gnocchi float to the surface, about 5 minutes, then remove with a ladle, drain in a strainer, and transfer to a large bowl. Repeat until all gnocchi have been cooked and drained. Place gnocchi in the refrigerator.
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil and garlic in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic has released its flavor, about 1 minute. Throw in diced tomatoes and cook until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in whipping cream and butter and bring to a gentle boil. Mix in Parmesan cheese and pesto sauce. Add cooled gnocchi and season with pepper, rosemary, chile flakes, garlic salt, and seasoning blend.
You might also like
Per Serving: 619 calories; 36.6 56.2 17.7 110 535 Full nutrition