Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 266
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Fold in egg white carefully, using a rubber spatula. Fold in whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix until a soft dough forms. Mix in the all-purpose flour until incorporated into the dough. Make sure you don't overmix or gnocchi will be tough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and roll into several 1-inch wide "snakes." Cut each snake into 1-inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in the boiling water until they float to the top, about 3 minutes.
- While gnocchi are cooking, combine evaporated milk and Parmesan cheese in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently with a wire whisk to prevent cheese from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Simmer until sauce reduces slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Drain gnocchi and spoon into shallow bowls. Top with sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Almond milk can be used in place of evaporated skim milk, if preferred.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 6.9 33 19.4 22 881 Full nutrition