Chile Verde Quiche
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 166
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 9-inch quiche)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cut chiles lengthwise into strips. Line strips over the bottom of pie plate to form a crust, placing pointed ends toward the center.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in onions, cream, garlic salt, cumin, and pepper. Fold in Cheddar cheese. Layer tomatoes over the chile 'crust,' and pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set, 30 to 35 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use canned or freshly roasted green chiles.
- A lighter white cheese can also be used.
- Feel free to use half-and-half instead of cream.
- Any additional ingredients should be layered over the chile 'crust' before pouring in the egg mixture. Add sausage or fajita leftovers, chopped garlic, cubed avocado, sour cream, crushed chips, cooked/roasted veggies - many variations possible.
Per Serving: 166 calories; 11.3 6.9 10.3 185 1180 Full nutrition