Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 287
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 stuffed peppers)
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place bell peppers, cut-side down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the preheated oven and broil, watching carefully, until the skins begin to bubble and turn dark brown, about 3 minutes. Remove and place browned peppers in a bowl. Cover with aluminum foil and set aside to cool. Leave the broiler on.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Brown chorizo in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, breaking up any large pieces as you go, about 4 minutes. Add egg mixture to the skillet and cook until eggs have set, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in drained pico de gallo.
- Remove as much skin as possible from the cooled pepper halves, and place each half on top of one of the cups of a 6-cup muffin pan. Fill each pepper with chorizo-egg mixture and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese.
- Place in the oven and broil until cheese melts, about 1 minute. Serve immediately.
You might also like
Per Serving: 287 calories; 21.4 5.4 16.3 154 713 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1