Creamy Seafood Hot Pot
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 467
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine milk, shrimp, scallops, orzo, onion, mushrooms, carrots, Romano cheese, butter, parsley, salt, garlic, herbes de Provence, and seasoned pepper in a medium to large pot over high heat. Cover and bring to a low boil. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, until shrimp and scallops are opaque and flavors have melded, about 15 minutes. Stir and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- It is very important to put everything in the pot uncooked and still frozen solid. The additional moisture is needed and it delays the cooking process so the seafood is not overcooked. Your dish should be soupy and served in a bowl with a spoon.
- To make prep time even faster on a busy weeknight: Replace minced garlic with 3/4 teaspoon powdered garlic, replace fresh mushrooms with jarred or canned mushrooms, and replace diced onion with 3/4 teaspoon onion powder.
- Feel free to use Parmesan cheese instead of Romano, if preferred.
- After simmering for 15 minutes, you can alternatively continue cooking, uncovered, until thickened slightly, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Per Serving: 467 calories; 17.5 50.3 27.9 134 974 Full nutrition