Air Fryer Fried Green Tomatoes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 219
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Set up a breading station in 3 shallow dishes: pour flour into the first dish; stir together buttermilk and eggs in the second dish; and mix breadcrumbs, cornmeal, garlic powder, and paprika together in the third dish.
- Dredge tomato slices in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip tomatoes into the egg mixture, and then into the bread crumb mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush the fryer basket with olive oil. Place breaded tomato slices in the fryer basket, making sure they do not touch each other; cook in batches if necessary. Brush the tops of tomatoes with olive oil.
- Cook for 12 minutes, then flip the tomatoes and brush again with olive oil. Cook until crisp and golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes more. Remove tomatoes to a paper towel-lined rack to keep crisp. Repeat with remaining tomatoes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use an olive oil mister bottle, if preferred.
- If you want to warm up all of the cooked tomato slices prior to serving, carefully stack all the tomatoes in the air fryer basket, and air-fry at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 to 2 minutes.
- If you like a dipping sauce, ranch is a good choice, or we like Sriracha Mayo, a simple recipe on the Allrecipes site.
Per Serving: 219 calories; 5.3 39.6 7.6 63 166 Full nutrition