Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 68
Original recipe yields 10 servings (5 -6 cups)
- Wash fish in cold water and drain well.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat. Add leeks, carrot, and celery; cook until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Add fish parts, wine, and water and bring to a boil, about 5 minutes. Skim and discard residue. Add bouquet garni, peppercorns, and lemon; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes; skim and discard residue frequently.
- Strain stock into a bowl through a colander lined with cheesecloth. Allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try using red wine in place of white, if you prefer.
- To make your own bouquet garni, tie together 2 thyme sprigs, 2 pieces of green leek leaves, 2 sprigs of parsley, 1 celery leaf, and 1 bay leaf using kitchen twine.
Per Serving: 68 calories; 2.6 8.9 1 6 23 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1