Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients10 h servings 410
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 cinnamon rolls)
- Heat milk, water, and 1/4 cup butter together in a saucepan over medium heat until bubbling, about 5 minutes. Let cool to 120 to 130 degrees F (49 to 54 degrees C), 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix flour, white sugar, salt, and yeast together in a separate bowl. Mix egg into warm milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture and 1/3 of the flour mixture into a mixing bowl; beat using an electric mixer until moistened. Add remaining dry ingredients slowly until a dough has pulled together. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 8 minutes. Place in a covered bowl and let rise in a dry, warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Roll on a lightly floured surface into a 16x12-inch rectangle. Spread 1/4 cup softened butter evenly over dough. Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl and sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll up from the short side; cut into 12 even rolls.
- Place rolls into a greased 9x13-inch glass baking dish. Cover and let rise in a dry, warm place, 8 hours, to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, about 17 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, 1 tablespoon butter, milk, and vanilla extract for icing using an electric mixer in a bowl until creamy; slowly mix in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from the oven and flip out onto a cooling rack; let cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes, before covering in icing.
You might also like
Per Serving: 410 calories; 12.1 71.6 5 47 196 Full nutrition