Reduced-Sugar Ginger-Apricot Fruit Cake With Hard Sauce Icing
2 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 411
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9×5-inch loaf )
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and line with parchment so it extends over the 2 long sides of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, toss 1/4 cup of the flour with macadamia nuts, apricots, and ginger.
- In another medium bowl, whisk to combine remaining 1 3/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl or a stand mixer with the paddle, beat butter, sugar, and stevia until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time just until combined. Gently mix in flour, then fold in fruit and nut mixture.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then poke cake all over with a skewer. Very slowly pour rum all over cake and let sit 10 minutes before transferring cake to a rack to cool completely, at least 1 hour.
- Beat butter and stevia in a medium bowl or a stand mixer until smooth. Beat in rum. To serve, spread top of cake with icing, then slice.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- If desired, cake may be wrapped in a rum-soaked piece of thin kitchen towel, sealed in a plastic bag, and kept refrigerated for up to 2 months before serving.
Per Serving: 411 calories; 23 43.4 5.4 99 164 Full nutrition