Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 d 35 m servings 106
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Remove the stems from jalapenos and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Remove some or all of the seeds, as desired, by rinsing jalapenos several times in a bowl with cold water and swirling until the seeds break off.
- Inspect four 8-ounce jars for cracks and rings for rust, discarding any defective ones. Immerse in simmering water until jalapenos are ready. Wash new, unused lids and rings in warm soapy water.
- Toss jalapenos, onion, and carrots together in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar, water, pickling salt, and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Place 1 garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 teaspoon crushed peppercorns, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds in each jar. Distribute jalapeno mixture among the jars, packing jars tightly without crushing the vegetables.
- Pour boiling pickling liquid over the vegetables, leaving 1/2 inch headspace. Remove any air bubbles and add 1/8 teaspoon Pickle Crisp(R) to each jar.
- Wipe jar rims clean and place lids on jars. Put on bands and close tightly.
- Process jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and remove the lid of the canning pot. Let the jars sit in the hot liquid for 5 minutes, then remove and let them cool for 24 hours. Wait at least 2 days before serving, or up to 1 to 2 weeks.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Wear disposable gloves when removing stems from (and cutting) jalapeno peppers.
Per Serving: 106 calories; 1.9 21.2 3.9 0 2348 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1