Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 299
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Core and quarter tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Reserve cores and seeds for the stock. Toss tomatoes, onion, 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, garlic, rosemary, and 1 pinch salt in a large bowl. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until softened and starting to brown, about 40 minutes. Discard rosemary and set tomatoes aside.
- Preheat the oven's broiler. Place red bell pepper on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the pepper has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow pepper to steam as it cools, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine water, reserved tomato cores and seeds, remaining honey, and bay leaf in a pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Strain stock into a bowl, discarding solids.
- Rinse pot and pour in strained stock. Add roasted tomatoes. Peel red bell pepper and slice flesh into strips; add to the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Let soup cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a blender. Add milk and goat cheese; cover and blend until smooth. Pour in remaining olive oil while the blender is running. Season with salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with remaining balsamic vinegar and a few grinds of pepper.
You might also like
Per Serving: 299 calories; 16 34.5 8.8 14 154 Full nutrition