"If you've never had freshly made croutons, you might not realize that a crouton doesn't have to just be a rock-hard bread brick that crumbles in your mouth. These from-scratch focaccia croutons are crunchy on the outside but still soft enough in the middle that you can actually chew them."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 80
Original recipe yields 12 servings (3 1/2 cups croutons)
- Crush garlic into a paste with a mortar and pestle.
- Mix crushed garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, butter, salt, thyme, and onion powder together until relatively homogenous. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl and spoon butter mixture on top. Toss well to make sure all the cubes are coated. Cover and let sit until bread soaks up the mixture, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread bread on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven, flipping once halfway, until golden brown and firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Make the focaccia from scratch if you really want to go the whole nine yards.
Per Serving: 80 calories; 6.2 4.6 1.5 4 181 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1