Golden Beet Soup with Goat Cheese
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 370
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Brush 2 pieces of aluminum foil with olive oil and place 2 beets onto each. Wrap and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until softened, about 1 hour.
- Remove beets from the oven and let cool until safe to handle, 15 to 30 minutes. Peel and chop cooled beets.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook shallots and carrots in the hot oil for 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and continue to cook and stir for 5 minutes more.
- Pour vegetable mixture into a food processor, working in batches, and puree until smooth. Add beets and process.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook fennel and dill in the hot oil for 7 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour pureed mixture into a pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and mix in goat cheese; add heavy cream and continue stirring until mixture is even and light yellow in color. Stir in sauteed fennel and dill and heat through, about 5 minutes. Pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with reserved fennel fronds.
You might also like
Per Serving: 370 calories; 31.6 15.9 7.8 73 912 Full nutrition