Strawberry Nesquik® Layer Cake
3 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 940
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch layer cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round layer cake pans.
- Cream sugar, butter, and strawberry powder together for cake until smooth and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add separated egg yolks 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla extract and red food coloring. Beat until color is consistent.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, and 1 pinch salt together in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk and blending after each addition. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat batter for 1 minute more.
- Beat egg whites and remaining pinch of salt together in a separate bowl using a mixer with a whip attachment until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in whipped egg whites until smooth and consistent. Pour batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the layers comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15 to 30 minutes. Flip cakes out and invert onto the wire rack to cool to room temperature.
- While the cake layers are cooling, combine cold heavy cream and confectioner's sugar in a clean mixing bowl. Whisk until cream begins to thicken and soft peaks form. Add pudding mix slowly while continuing to whisk; filling should be thick (almost dry) at this time. Add milk until mixture has a thick, smooth consistency. Fold in strawberries. Set filling aside.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and shortening together in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Scrape down the bowl and add confectioner's sugar. Blend until smooth. Set frosting aside.
- Spread filling between the cooled cake layers. Frost the cake and decorate as desired.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use cheesecake-flavored pudding mix instead of vanilla, if preferred.
Per Serving: 940 calories; 55.4 105.5 8.3 193 366 Full nutrition