Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 280
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9-inch cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine oats and water in a medium bowl. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Add oatmeal mixture and mix until combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and allspice together in a bowl. Add to oatmeal mixture.
- Place 2 tablespoons butter in a 9-inch square baking pan and melt in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and sprinkle sugar and cinnamon on top. Sprinkle plums evenly over sugar. Pour batter over plums and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try this recipe with other fruits; blueberries, strawberries, rhubarb, green apples, pears, etc.
- I try to make this recipe as wholesome as possible. I use a 9-grain flour blend, organic sugars, sea salt, and home-grown plums.
- Try adding in 1/2 cup cooked whole grains, such as wheat or oat groats to give it a unique texture.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 11.3 42.5 4.3 56 317 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1