Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 294
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch square cake)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg into a large bowl. Toss 1/2 of the apples and 1/2 of the plums into the flour mixture. Place remaining apples and plums in a second bowl and toss with melted butter.
- Mix together sugar, applesauce, orange juice, oil, eggs, ginger, and vanilla extract in a third bowl. Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small, fourth bowl.
- Fold applesauce mixture into the flour mixture until just moistened. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared baking pan and layer with apples and plums. Pour remaining batter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Margarine may be used in place of butter, if preferred.
Per Serving: 294 calories; 7.8 55.2 4.4 35 359 Full nutrition