Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 68
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Mix plums and sugar together in a heavy-bottomed stockpot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture turns to liquid, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir salt, ginger, chili powder, cloves, and cinnamon into the mixture. Cook over low heat until desired consistency is reached, stirring often to prevent chutney from sticking, about 15 minutes. Taste and adjust spices if needed.
- Mix vinegar into the pot and cook over low heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning, for 5 minutes more. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate and use within 3 to 4 weeks.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Place a drop of chutney into a bowl filled with cold water. If it sets and doesn't spread, it is ready. Otherwise, cook a little more and test again.
- If not using within 3 to 4 weeks, bottle chutney into clean, sterilized bottles and process using a pressure canner, or other canning method.
Per Serving: 68 calories; 0.1 17.3 0.3 0 56 Full nutrition