Mini Berry Pavlovas
5 made it | 0 reviews |
"Pavlova is a wonderful meringue-based dessert named for the legendary Russian ballerina, Anna Pavlova. Pavlova is commonly served with a fruit component, it is fabulous to serve for company and easy to make! For an even fancier presentation, flip a muffin tin upside down, and pipe the meringue with a large star tip around the cups."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 82
Original recipe yields 16 servings
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl on medium speed with an electric mixer until until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Slowly add sugar, cornstarch, and cream of tartar and continue beating on high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Add vanilla extract and salt and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Scoop the meringue with a spring-hinged scoop onto the prepared baking sheet and shape into individual rounds about 3 inches in diameter. Use the back of a spoon to create an indentation in the center of the meringue.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the meringue is dry to the touch, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Transfer the parchment with the meringues on it to a wire rack and allow to cool. Once meringues are cool to the touch, remove from parchment and place directly on the rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, top each meringue with whipped cream and garnish with fresh berries.
You might also like
Per Serving: 82 calories; 2.8 13.6 1.1 10 27 Full nutrition