Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 574
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 pizza)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat butter over medium-low heat in a large saute pan. Add shallots and bacon and cook until shallots are transparent and bacon is browned and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon from the pan and reserve for another use. Increase heat to medium and stir shallots in bacon grease; pour in vodka and allow alcohol to burn off and reduce, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add Roma tomatoes, thyme, rosemary, cayenne, pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Stir well and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add heavy cream slowly, a little at a time, over 3 to 4 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and let sit.
- Place pizza crust on the prepared pan. Rub dough with olive oil; pour sauce over crust, and place mozzarella slices on top.
- Bake pizza in the preheated oven until mozzarella cheese is melted and crust is golden, 12 to 18 minutes, depending on how thin or thick crust is.
You might also like
Per Serving: 574 calories; 28.9 45 22.8 71 1012 Full nutrition