Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 519
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cut the top off of the head of garlic and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil and wrap up.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven with garlic for 20 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until safe to handle, 10 to 20 minutes. Place tomatoes in a large bowl and squeeze roasted garlic onto tomatoes. Mash using a potato masher into a sauce.
- Add spaghetti to sauce; mix well and top with mozzarella cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook's Notes:
- Sometimes to save time, I'll roast the garlic in my toaster oven earlier in the day. Also, I will usually place the mozzarella in the freezer for half an hour for easier slicing.
- You can use grape tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 519 calories; 15.2 65.6 29.6 48 509 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I had a ton of fresh cherry tomatoes and basil to use up from my garden--and I'm so glad I chose this recipe to do so! This is an amazing pasta dish! Simple, fresh ingredients come together to m...
Easy and tasty! Hold off on cooking the pasta until your tomatoes are roasted and ready for the sauce. I didn't let the tomatoes and garlic cool before mashing. I used a clean towel to squeeze t...