Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 281
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Dust pork cubes in flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork in the hot oil, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Place tomatillos and garlic cloves into a baking pan.
- Broil tomatillos and garlic in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Turn off the broiler and let rest in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Mince roasted garlic.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add browned pork, chicken broth, minced garlic, cumin, oregano, and bay leaf; reduce heat to low and let simmer.
- Mix roasted tomatillos, serrano peppers, green chile peppers, and jalapeno pepper together in a bowl. Add to the pot. Continue to simmer over low heat until pork is tender and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a cube reads at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C), about 20 minutes. Stir in cilantro and remove bay leaf before serving.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- The more seeds and pepper rinds that you put in the stew, the hotter it will be.
Per Serving: 281 calories; 8.5 16.7 33.9 87 385 Full nutrition