Big Pappy's Posole Verde with Tomatillos
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 205
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place tomatillos and poblanos into a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil, tossing to coat.
- Roast in the preheated oven until poblanos are blackened, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes.
- Remove skins from poblanos and place them into an electric blender with tomatillos. Add water and blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute chicken and onion in the hot oil until onions soften and show color and chicken is browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add blended poblanos and tomatillos, chicken broth, serrano peppers, garlic, cumin, chipotle powder, and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and let simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and flavors have melded, about 1 hour. Stir in cornmeal to thicken.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can also try this using pork instead of chicken, if you'd like.
Per Serving: 205 calories; 6 12.6 24.8 62 660 Full nutrition