Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 55 m servings 227
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix together garlic, brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, salt, and cumin until blended. Spread a heavy coating of the spice blend over both sides of flank steak and place in a large glass baking dish. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 to 8 hours.
- Preheat one side of an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove steak from the refrigerator and brush lightly with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place steak on the hot side of the grill, cover, and cook for 5 minutes. Flip steak, cover, and cook another 5 minutes. Move steak to to cooler side of the grill, cover, and cook until desired doneness, about 2 to 5 minutes longer. Remove from the grill and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spread tomatillos and garlic cloves on a baking sheet and drizzle lightly with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until vegetables are soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove vegetables from the oven and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop tomatillos and garlic into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add chipotle peppers and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil; pulse until blended but still slightly chunky. Pour into a serving dish and let cool.
- Slice flank steak thinly against the grain and serve with salsa.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also cook this on a grill pan over the stovetop or on a charcoal grill.
- Marinate flank steak at room temperature for 1 hour if in a time crunch.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 13.6 7.1 19.1 34 733 Full nutrition