Unsweetened Fig Butter
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Use dried figs and your Instant Pot® to create this luscious, date-sweetened fig butter. One of the things I now love, just as much as I hated as a kid, are figs. So of course, I set out to make my own naturally sweet fig butter. It's thick, it's sweet, and it's jam-packed with crunch in every bite. And 2 out of my 3 kids 100% agree. The third child helped me make it and can't be convinced that the dates aren't big bugs."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 111
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 cup)
- Place figs and dates into a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)). Add enough water to cover. Close and lock the lid and seal the vent. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 3 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
- Spoon figs and dates from the pot, pressing gently on them using another spoon to drain their liquid back into the pot. Place figs and dates into a food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer fig butter to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use for toast, biscuits, a sandwich spread, or on a meat and cheese platter.
- This fig butter freezes very well, so feel free to double or triple the recipe.
Per Serving: 111 calories; 0.4 28.6 1.3 0 6 Full nutrition