Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 242
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Rinse mushrooms and pat dry. Slice in half. Rinse off any bugs or dirt and chop.
- Melt butter in a deep, heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir mushroom pieces into the shallots and toss in a generous pinch of salt to help draw out their juices. Add pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Continue to cook until mushroom pieces shrink in size and brown slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken stock into the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into a high-powered blender. Cover and hold lid down with a potholder; blend on high until pureed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add half-and-half and blend for 1 minute more. Return blended soup to the pot. Heat until warmed through, 5 to 10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- This recipe will actually work with any mushroom!
- Swap the half-and-half with coconut cream and you'll have a vegan version.
Per Serving: 242 calories; 16.9 18.8 4.9 42 841 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1