Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 372
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9-inch loaf cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat ricotta cheese, sugar, and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time, followed by almond extract. Beat in flour mixture on low speed, scraping down the sides of the bowl until combined; beat batter for about 30 seconds more.
- Place chopped figs into a bowl, sprinkle 1 tablespoon flour over, and stir to coat. Fold figs into the batter. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. Place fig slices on top of the batter, down the center.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Remove from the pan once the cake has cooled, 20 to 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Four chopped fresh figs should equal 1 cup.
- The baking time will depend on how wet the ricotta cheese is.
Per Serving: 372 calories; 18.4 45 8.2 103 421 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very good! Much like pound cake with fruit. I did not use powdered sugar. Sweet enough. I did add a few more figs.