Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 226
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 empanadas)
- Mix black beans, corn, pumpkin, rice, Gruyere cheese, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Refrigerate filling for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- Roll empanada shells lightly using a rolling pin to stretch slightly. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each disc. Fold into a semi-circle shape and press edges closed using a fork. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use Monterey Jack cheese instead of Gruyere cheese, if you prefer.
- You can alternatively fry empanadas in hot oil on the stovetop for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 226 calories; 5.7 36.4 9.3 9 497 Full nutrition