Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 495
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 burritos)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in diced tomatoes with chile peppers. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 50 minutes.
- While rice is cooking, mix cumin, turmeric, basil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and seasoned salt together in a large bowl. Add olive oil. Toss potatoes in the mixture until well coated. Lay potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fork-tender, 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes, checking halfway through cooking time and flipping over as needed.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Saute bell pepper and onion in the hot pan until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat black beans in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas in a separate skillet over low heat until warm, 1 to 2 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- Lay out tortillas and fill as desired with cooked rice, beans, potatoes, pepper-onion mixture, spinach, romaine lettuce, and salsa as desired. Wrap up into burritos and serve.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Cook rice according to package instructions, omitting about 1/8 to 1/4 cup of the water. I find it's best to measure the diced tomatoes with green chile peppers in a measuring cup to figure out how much water to omit when cooking the rice.
Per Serving: 495 calories; 9.7 89.3 14.6 0 841 Full nutrition