Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 124
Original recipe yields 20 servings (20 scones)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet.
- Stir all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a mixing bowl until all ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Stir buttermilk, applesauce, and egg together in a separate bowl. Add to flour mixture and stir until dough is sticky. Fold in cranberries and almonds.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for the topping. Drop 1/4 cup-size dollops of batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops are golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute white sugar for a sugar substitute, if you'd like. I use Splenda® for my sugar substitute, because you can bake with it and it doesn't change the taste.
- I live in Colorado so the elevation is higher. I sometimes bake them a little longer than what the recipe calls for. Look for the golden brown!
Per Serving: 124 calories; 1.6 24.4 4 9 195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1