Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 191
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 small casserole)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil for topping in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until just golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parsley together in a bowl. Toss onions in bread crumb mixture until fully coated. Set topping aside.
- Pour milk into a microwave-safe bowl and add bay leaf. Heat in a microwave until scalding, about 1 minute; remove bay leaf. Set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook and stir until just golden, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; cook until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle flour over mixture and saute until flour is starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly stir in milk and bring to a simmer; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sour cream, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Place green beans into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish and pour sauce over green beans. Top with bread crumb-onion topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and bubbly, 15 to 25 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use panko bread crumbs instead of coarse regular bread crumbs.
Per Serving: 191 calories; 3.7 30 10.7 5 841 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1