Chai Tea Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 15 m servings 203
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 2-pound loaf)
- Heat milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Steep 1 tea bag in the warm milk for 7 to 10 minutes. Whisk contents of the remaining tea bags into flour.
- Pour milk into a bread machine, discarding tea bag. Add egg yolk, butter, flour, sugar, yeast, and salt, in that order. Run Dough cycle.
- Remove dough from the machine after the cycle is done, about 90 minutes. Place on a floured surface and punch down gently. Divide dough into 3 equal parts and braid together. Tuck ends under.
- Place the braided loaf on a greased baking pan and cover loosely with a towel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Whisk egg white with water to make egg wash. Brush egg wash over the loaf. Sprinkle decorator sugar on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 203 calories; 3.9 35.7 6 24 150 Full nutrition