Peppermint Tea Chocolate Cake
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 55 m servings 328
Original recipe yields 16 servings (1 tube cake)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a fluted tube pan (such as Bundt(R)).
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Steep tea bags in the water for 5 minutes. Squeeze tea bags over the saucepan and discard. Bring tea to a boil.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the hot tea; whisk until melted. Beat in sugar and egg yolks using an electric mixer.
- Mix sour cream and baking soda together in a separate bowl. Add to the batter, mixing well. Mix in flour and baking powder.
- Beat egg whites in a glass or metal bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into the batter. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a plate. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Make glaze while the cake is cooling. Melt chocolate chips and butter together in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in half-and-half until blended. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar and peppermint extract. Drizzle over cooled cake.
You might also like
Per Serving: 328 calories; 15.6 46.8 4 49 176 Full nutrition