Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 45 m servings 51
Original recipe yields 48 servings (48 madeleines)
- Sift cake flour, baking powder, and salt together into a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until fluffy and doubled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold in the flour mixture with a silicone spatula, 1/4 at a time, until batter is just combined.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter, Earl Grey tea, and vanilla bean paste; mix until combined. Refrigerate batter for 2 to 24 hours.
- Prepare 2 madeleine pans by greasing each with 1 teaspoon melted butter and dusting with 1 teaspoon flour. Tap out excess flour. Refrigerate the prepared pans before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Pipe or spoon some of the cold batter into the prepared pans. Fill the molds no more than 3/4 full. Transfer pans to the oven and reduce the temperature to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake until madeleines puff up and edges start to color, 6 to 9 minutes. Cool madeleines on a wire rack or paper towels. Wipe out the pans and repeat to finish the batter.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Scrape seeds from 1 vanilla bean instead of using vanilla bean paste, if desired.
- Consider serving with a dab of buttercream frosting to add sweetness. Beat powdered sugar, whipping cream, soft butter, and a little vanilla bean paste together to make buttercream.
Per Serving: 51 calories; 2.6 6.2 0.8 18 42 Full nutrition