Vegan Chili Verde
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 315
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Set an oven rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place tomatillos, garlic cloves, and poblano peppers on a baking sheet.
- Broil in the preheated oven until the peppers start to blacken and blister, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove garlic and transfer to a plate. Turn tomatillos and peppers over and broil until peppers are blackened and tomatillos are soft, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in oregano, cumin, and chili powder; cook for 1 minute. Add 3 cups vegetable broth, great Northern beans, pinto beans, kale, corn, bulgur wheat, and salt. Return to a simmer.
- Transfer roasted garlic, peppers, and tomatillos to a blender. Add remaining 1 cup vegetable broth. Cover and blend until just smooth. Pour into the simmering pot.
- Simmer chili gently until bulgur is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Frozen corn may be substituted for fresh, and buckwheat can be used in place of bulgur wheat, if preferred.
Per Serving: 315 calories; 8.9 49.7 12.6 0 716 Full nutrition