DIY Wholesome Homemade Dog Food
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This is a well-balanced recipe, though it is always wise to rotate a variety of foods in your dog's diet. This makes enough to feed my Boston Terrier for several days. It's much more wholesome than store-bought dog food, and costs about the same as canned dog food. Recipe yield depends on the size of your dog(s)."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients55 m servings 322
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes. This should yield about 1 cup cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and Italian seasoning. Cook and stir until turkey is browned and crumbly, 4 to 6 minutes. Add eggs and scramble with the turkey mixture until eggs are cooked, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place spinach in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and then at 30-second intervals until easy to stir and warm to the touch. Drain excess liquid.
- Transfer turkey mixture, cooked rice, and spinach to a large bowl. Add spinach, tomatoes, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, celery, and sunflower oil and mix until well combined.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Sunflower oil is best, as it contains a great mix of the fatty acids dogs need. It can be hard to find, but is always stocked in Russian and Eastern European markets. If you can't find sunflower oil, you can substitute safflower or olive oil.
- Store the extra in the refrigerator, or freeze it for future meals.
Per Serving: 322 calories; 18.5 15.8 22.7 116 316 Full nutrition