Homemade Dog Food with Meat and Vegetables
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 816
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Place sweet potatoes in a large Dutch oven filled 3/4-full with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add chuck roast and bison to the pot and cook until meat is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add carrots, peas, green beans, and spinach to the pot and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Add oats and stir until mixture has thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and olive oil; remove from heat and let cool a bit, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a plate and dice meat; return to mixture.
- Use a potato masher to mash up mixture to a mushy consistency. Let mixture cool sufficiently, about 30 minutes. Place into resealable containers and freeze.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use any 10 canned vegetables that you'd like.
- I feed my 65 pound Goldendoodle 4 to 5 cups daily. He likes it and I'm hopeful it reduces his severe allergies.
Per Serving: 816 calories; 36.6 78 45.2 106 743 Full nutrition