Mexican Christmas Punch (Ponche Navideno)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 125
Original recipe yields 12 servings
- Stud each orange with 6 whole cloves, using the pointed ends of the cloves to pierce the skin. Cut oranges into wedges. Reserve 12 wedges for garnish. Cut some slits into each hawthorn.
- Bring water, hibiscus petals, and cinnamon sticks to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until water is a deep pink color, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove hibiscus petals but leave cinnamon sticks in the water to infuse further. Stir in orange wedges, hawthorns, apples, sugar cane, pear, and brown sugar. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for at least 30 minutes.
- Ladle the punch into 12 mugs, making sure each mug gets some slices of fruit. Add 1 fluid ounce rum to each mug to give the punch an extra kick. Garnish mugs with reserved orange slices.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can serve this punch in festive apple "mugs". Cut off the top of each apple and use a paring knife to score the rim. Scoop out the flesh from the center using a spoon or melon baller. Coat the interior with lemon juice to prevent browning.
Per Serving: 125 calories; 0.1 15.8 0.3 0 13 Full nutrition