Grilled Broccoli Rabe
"Broccoli rabe, also called rapini, is known for its slightly bitter and peppery taste. Blanching it before grilling helps tone down the bitterness. Squeeze lemon wedged over top when serving, if desired. It is excellent served alongside grilled Italian sausages and thick crusty bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients25 m servings 48
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Set up an ice bath nearby. Place half of the broccoli rabe into the boiling water and cook for 1 minute, then remove with tongs to the ice bath to stop cooking. Repeat with remaining broccoli rabe. Place broccoli rabe into a large colander to drain.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-low heat, and lightly oil grate.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt in a small bowl. Toss drained broccoli rabe with oil mixture, then place onto hot grate.
- Grill, turning occasionally, until thick stems have softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove thinner leafy pieces as they become done to prevent burning. Remove to a serving platter.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Depending on the spacing of your grill grates, you may wish to use a grill topper or pan.
Per Serving: 48 calories; 3.4 3.1 2 0 56 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1