Chicken Tenders in Lemon-Mushroom Cream Sauce
Ingredients35 m servings 262
- Mix together garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle on both sides of chicken tenders.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken tenders and sear until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and loosely tent with foil.
- Reduce heat to medium and melt butter in the skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until mushrooms start to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk together half-and-half, chicken broth, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons dill, and cornstarch in a medium bowl; add to the skillet. Stir until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, add chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan. Simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 4 to 5 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon dill on top of the chicken, and serve with lemon wedges.
Per Serving: 262 calories; 13.1 9.3 26.1 75 231 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Total 5-Star.! My husband said it was worth waiting for. (Had to wait for the rice to finish). He loves it and so do I. A keeper for sure. Unfortunately I forgot to take a pic.
We liked it, but not quite loved it. I didn't have fresh dill so I used dill weed from the spice aisle., which may have impacted the flavor. Also I could taste the cornstarch so next time I'l...