Reisfladen (Rice Pudding Cake)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients12 h 35 m servings 429
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 11-inch cake)
- Combine 1/2 gallon milk, rice, and sugar in a slow cooker. Cook on High until rice is puffy but mixture is still thin, about 3 hours 15 minutes.
- Mix 3 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the hot rice mixture, stirring in 1 tablespoon at a time, until blended. Pour mixture into the slow cooker, stirring constantly. Cook on Low until rice has absorbed all the liquid, about 30 minutes more. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, place flour, yeast, sugars, egg, lukewarm milk, and melted butter in a bread machine in the order listed. Run Dough cycle. Remove dough from the machine after the cycle is done, about 90 minutes. Let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter an 11-inch springform pan. Smooth dough into the pan.
- Whisk 2 eggs and brush all but 1 tablespoon onto the dough. Pour rice pudding onto the dough and brush top with remaining egg wash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cake layer comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and release cake from the pan. Let cool completely. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 6 hours to overnight.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I have used fat-free milk in the pudding and it was still tasty. I have also substituted 1/4 cup milk with vanilla-flavored coffee creamer.
Per Serving: 429 calories; 13.8 63 12.8 118 208 Full nutrition