The Best Beef Tri-Tip
Ingredients2 h servings 274
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Mix salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, dried rosemary, and fresh rosemary together in a small bowl.
- Place tri-tip in a baking pan. Season generously with the spice rub until both sides are completely covered.
- Bake in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 130 degrees F (54 degrees C) for medium-rare, or until desired doneness, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Flip meat over halfway.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and let meat rest for 20 minutes. Remove tri-tip to a cutting board and cut into 2 pieces along where the grain changes direction. Slice meat across the grain and transfer to serving plates.
- Mix beef broth in with the pan drippings and drizzle over the slices.
- Chef's Notes:
- Since we're using such a low temperature, there isn't going to be much carry-over heat, so be sure that you reach your target temperature before pulling it out.
- Feel free to use chicken broth instead of beef broth.
Per Serving: 274 calories; 11.8 1.4 38.4 132 1540 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was among the best tri tips I have ever eaten. I followed the recipe exactly. I very much enjoyed the rub as well as the method. It was so tender and tasty. I paired with brown rice and a ...
Delicious and THIS is the way to go in the future for making tri-tip at home. In the past, I had marinated it overnight. It went on a rack in a roasting pan in a hotter oven. This made MUCH less...