Baked Bacon Ranch Chicken and Pasta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"This dish combines the flavor of ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix with the creamy goodness of Alfredo in a chicken and pasta dish. Bacon is added for a salty crunch, and broccoli is added to make the dish a complete meal. Add a green salad and some crusty bread for a well-rounded plate."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 457
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 9x13-inch casserole)
- Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high until steamed and tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and drain excess liquid; set aside.
- While broccoli is steaming, place 1 tablespoon ranch dressing mix in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and pepper, seal the bag, and massage to coat chicken with seasonings.
- Pour chicken broth into a large pot and bring a boil over medium-high heat. Add shells and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally until pasta is nearly done, about 10 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking broth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to the hot skillet, working in batches if necessary, and cook until browned on all sides, about 7 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Add milk, Alfredo sauce mix, and remaining 2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix to the hot skillet; bring to a boil. Turn off the heat, add chicken and any accumulated juices, pasta, broccoli, sour cream, reserved 1/2 cup pasta cooking broth, salt, and pepper. Transfer mixture to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly, about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use bow ties, or rotini instead of shell pasta, if you like.
Per Serving: 457 calories; 15.6 42.4 35.7 86 1389 Full nutrition