Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers
"These savory-sweet shrimp skewers are easy to make and cook in just a few minutes. They are perfect for summer weeknights or weekend dinner parties. Prep the sauce ahead of time for an even faster dinner. I prefer to use jumbo shrimp (21-25 per pound), however use what you have on hand."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 223
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Combine water, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until sauce has reduced and thickened slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat and lightly oil grate. Thread shrimp and pineapple alternately onto skewers and place on a platter.
- Arrange skewers on the hot grate. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Turn grill to low heat and brush sauce on both sides of skewers. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro and sesame seeds.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Try to cut the pineapple chunks approximately the same size as the shrimp for even grilling.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using to prevent burning.
Per Serving: 223 calories; 2.3 32 20.4 173 654 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is a delicious summer dish! It smells amazing on the bbq. I paired it with cilantro lime rice and a nice white wine on a summer night - yum! I took the chefs advice and used the jumbo shrim...