Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 402
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Place tomatoes, garlic cloves, peach halves, onion, and jalapeno pepper on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cool enough to handle, remove and discard skins on onion and garlic cloves. Transfer all vegetables, peach halves, and any juices to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until a smooth puree forms.
- Transfer tomato mixture to a large saucepan. Add basil, rosemary, olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer over low heat; cook for at least 30 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until partially cooked, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Add pasta to tomato sauce with 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid. Cook until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, adding more liquid if necessary, 3 to 5 minutes more.
You might also like
Per Serving: 402 calories; 5.8 77.1 13.9 0 212 Full nutrition