Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 92
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Pour beef broth into a saucepan and add bouillon cube. Bring to a rapid boil over high heat for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for at least 30 minutes. Set aside 3 tablespoons for ragout; store remaining broth in the refrigerator for another use.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add 1/2 teaspoon oil. Add portobello mushrooms and sear, 3 to 5 minutes. Set portabellos aside.
- Sear shiitake mushrooms over medium-high heat in the same pan without adding more oil, 3 to 5 minutes. Set shiitakes aside.
- Reheat the same pan over medium-high heat and add remaining 1 teaspoon oil. Add garlic and cook until browned, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and wine; cook for 2 minutes. Add reserved beef broth and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir portabello and shiitake mushrooms into the pan and cook, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in butter gently until ragout is coated. Top with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use veal broth and veal bouillon instead of beef, if desired.
- Because the secret to this recipe is in the broth, it should be as rich as possible. Homemade stock or fresh stock purchased from a grocery deli will result is a much tastier dish. If using canned broth, follow recipe instructions and let simmer for as long as possible.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full can of beef broth. The actual amount of beef broth consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 92 calories; 5.7 4.8 3.8 10 609 Full nutrition