Loaded Mashed Potatoes with Bacon
"Mashed potatoes that could be a meal. Hardy, filling, and savory. I started making mashed potatoes this way mainly for my daughter who loves loaded baked potatoes. The first time I tried this was because we were having company for dinner and I was running low on potatoes. It was the hit of the dinner. About a year after I started making them this way, we went to a restaurant that had a similar offering. My daughter said mine was still better."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 472
Original recipe yields 6 servings (0 Casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Lay bacon strips in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels. Leave oven on.
- While the bacon is cooking, place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, place in a large mixing bowl, and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Chop bacon and add to potatoes. Stir in sour cream, Cheddar cheese, green onions, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Bake until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted, about 45 minutes. Re-mix to blend cheese throughout and serve hot.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I use turkey bacon to cut back the fat and sodium.
Per Serving: 472 calories; 33.2 27.7 18.3 96 620 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1