Ingredients1 h 40 m servings 498
- Thoroughly rinse basmati rice in a strainer until water runs clear. Transfer rice to a bowl, add fresh water to cover, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken breast and chicken thigh pieces in a large bowl. Add Greek yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, salt, and pepper. Mix well to coat chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain rice and remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator. Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)), select Saute function, and add ghee. When ghee starts to bubble, add cloves, cardamom pods, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, coriander seed, mustard seed, and cumin seeds and saute until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sliced onion and cook, stirring often, until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and extra marinade to the cooker. Saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off Saute function. Add rice, chicken stock, cilantro, mint, remaining 1 teaspoon garam masala, turmeric, paprika, and chili powder; stir until well mixed.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 6 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 498 calories; 16.6 62.4 25.4 84 543 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This was delicious. My husband, three young kids and I all loved it. I used all boneless chicken thighs, but otherwise followed the recipe as written. Our house smelled amazing from all of the ...
Perfect! Just added extra chili powder because we like it spicy!