Kohlrabi Noodles with Bacon and Parmesan
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 202
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Cut kohlrabi into thin noodles using a spiralizer.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown bacon and onion, until bacon is beginning to crisp and onion is caramelized but not burning, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer bacon and onion to a small bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add kohlrabi noodles to the skillet and season with salt. Cook noodles over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until they begin to wilt down and soften, 12 to 14 minutes. Stir in butter until melted. Add in bacon and onion mixture and stir in 1/2 the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve immediately topped with remaining cheese and parsley.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- I used kohlrabi that are 8 to 10 ounces each.
- If there is not enough bacon grease to reserve 1 tablespoon, you can use olive oil.
- These also make a great low-carb alternative to hash browns; simply cut the noodles into short lengths before frying.
Per Serving: 202 calories; 15.2 11 8 31 405 Full nutrition