Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 50 m servings 275
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Slice cake horizontally into 3 layers and freeze for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine strawberries and sugar in a bowl and set aside to macerate for 10 minutes. Once macerated, remove 1 cup of strawberries to a separate bowl for topping; set aside.
- Create a sling in a loaf pan using plastic wrap. Place the bottom cake layer into the loaf pan. Spread the bottom cake layer with strawberry ice cream. Add macerated strawberries on top of the ice cream and spread whipping cream over strawberries. Repeat layers, adding equal amounts of strawberry ice cream, macerated strawberries, and whipping cream.
- Place in freezer until frozen, about 4 hours. Remove from loaf pan and cut into slices. Serve with remaining macerated strawberries and whipping cream.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I made the cake myself using the recipe "Cottage Pudding (Cake for Strawberry Shortcake)" from Allrecipes.
- You can also use whipping cream instead of Reddi Wip®.
Per Serving: 275 calories; 16.6 29.6 3.8 113 202 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1